Volunteer Crowdfunding Expert Wanted
Contribute to the protection and defense of the most marine biodiverse coral reefs on Earth.
The SEA People is a field based NGO working at grassroots level to contribute to the protection of one of the last locations on earth where coral reef systems still thrive. Based in Raja Ampat, West Papua, Indonesia, The SEA People take a holistic approach to marine conservation. Working with local communities, who depend on healthy coral reefs for both food and livelihoods, we aim to provide mutually beneficial solutions to ecosystems based management. By combining science and technology with traditional skills and management techniques, the NGO focuses largely on capacity building; strengthening the ability of local community members to obtain the skills, knowledge and understanding required for improved management, protection and enhancement of local marine resources.
This role will actively contribute to The SEA People’s fundraising strategy and will be involved in the growth and retention of our donors and supporters, ultimately contributing to the expansion of our field work and the protection of coral reefs in the world’s last remaining coral stronghold.
The role is highly focused on delivering successful Crowdfunding Campaign(s), with an emphasis on providing an excellent supporter and donor experience.
The successful candidate will be required to manage all aspects of an end-to-end Crowdfunding campaign(s) including:
- Identification of the most suitable-for-purpose crowdfunding platform (IndieGogo and GoFundMe preferred, others considered)
- Establishing clear and realistic crowd-funding targets for the campaign
- Developing campaign growth and engagement strategy (pre launch, launch, post launch)
- Developing marketing/engagement campaign and necessary materials to promote the campaign
- Working with other The SEA People team members to constantly promote the campaign
- Day to day management of Crowdfunding campaign(s) with a focus on donor acquisition and engagement, posting content, responding to comments and providing updates (pre launch, launch, post launch)
- Where perks are included in a CrowdFunding campaign, liaising with founders and partners to source perks
- Managing the logistics for perks disbursement and collection
- Preparing weekly and final report on the campaign’s performance
- Upon mutual agreement, performing other related duties, as assigned.
The ideal candidate should demonstrate
- Experience in delivering successful Crowdfunding campaigns within the not-for-profit industry OR equivalent relevant experience
- Proven experience and understanding of the complexities of developing and delivering Crowdfunding campaigns, including Peer to Peer Fundraising
- Proven experience in donor acquisition and engagement
- Proven success in raising funds or achieving sponsorship for a project or initiative
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills
- The desire and ability to work within a supportive team, and work collaboratively with open and honest discussion
- Self motivation, and the ability to work remotely
- A goal orientated, positive and creative approach to the role, with a ‘big picture’ mentality and willingness to think outside the box
- The natural ability to embrace cultural diversity and inclusion, including; a respect for and love of different cultures, a willingness to seek understanding of difference, and the ability to communicate in ways that supports the inclusion of diverse perspectives
- An understanding of the mission of The SEA People and the importance of what we are trying to achieve. The ideal candidate will demonstrate a community minded approach and be passionate about protecting marine environments, supporting local/developing communities and conservation of the natural world in general
- Experience within marine conservation industry preferred, but not essential
What We Offer
By Volunteering with The SEA People, you will:
- Be a part of a global team of committed and passionate ‘Orang Laut’
- Collaborate closely with Founders and Ambassadors (perhaps even become an Ambassador yourself!)
- Be considered and treated as a colleague (not just ‘free help’); you will be respected, your time will be valued, your strengths utilized, and your feedback heard.
- Gain valuable ‘real world’ experience in the field you volunteer in;
- Where feasible and meaningful, long term (12+ months), high impact volunteers will be rewarded with the opportunity to join us in the field to continue/expand their work, and be offered a return flight from any major city to Raja Ampat. If applicable, Scuba Diving courses will be offered.
- Minimum age of 18yrs
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing and Communications, Public Relations, Journalism or Business Management, or equivalent experience in Non-profit sector (or related/relevant sector).
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in field/relevant field, with direct experience in CrowdFunding
- Experience in a remote work/work from home environment
Please forward your CV, a cover letter and an outline of your experience that addresses the selection criteria above to: Lynn Lawrance (firstname.lastname@example.org)